Sunday 26 January 2014

more butterflys

I guess this is my week for drawing butterfly's!

I think this is really my first attempt at a more detailed drawing and plus more of a composistion. I messed up the right wing as the black detail is to think and once id done it as it was black i couldn't fix it :(
the only other thing id change is that the flower in the background  it tilt right instead of left as at the moment its pointing of the page and id rather it read round the page. I was also contemplating a back ground colour but since i was limiting to a palette of purples and yellow i wasn't really sure what colour would work without ruining it. I also think that the lighting is a bit all over the place ... oh well.
however having said all that i a really proud of it, i think that its shows that my technical skills at drawing are improving and although this is not a drawing course, i think drawing is important technical skill. especially since i want to do children book illustration.



Butterfly done with inktense. i was proud of the detail on this it is done on A4 with inktense and then water applied. i did however smudge it on one side :(


No comments:

Post a Comment