Sunday 12 January 2014

Lynne Chapman

While doing some research about potential future courses and the path i wish to pursue, which current consists of illustration, creative writing and either book design or drawing 1.
I stumbled upon videos resources for the OCA on vimeo.

once there i came across some interviews of Lynne Chapman, and i was inspired by her work. it is exactly the type of area i would love to Illustrate.

http://www.lynnechapman.co.uk/index.php


http://vimeo.com/15019897



Lynne Chapman uses pastels on a textured paper base, but although this textured approach is pretty spectacular , and i intend to give it ago at some point, its not that which interests me. it is the characterizations colour and detail that i have decided i wish to aspire to.

It's My Turn - Big Jar

I have looked over my previous worked and concluded that my detail really needs work.  perhaps this is because to give my self a little bit of a break little over a year ago i had not really drawn anything except doodles since school. i did not take art at gcse so my artistic experience is pretty limited.
I am really enjoying this course though and I aim to be putting more energy and time into it in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment