Thursday 28 August 2014

exercise museum posters



For this exercise we was asked to use an artifact from a museum, and then create an illustration for three age brackets , child, teenager and adult.

Child tumb nails

Artifact
i chose to use a smaller artifact for the childrens an eye,symbolising what the child would see, in my earlier concepts i tried to convey that the british museam covers cultures across the world. 
if i had more time i think i would redo this. 

Rough mock up - the colours on this only partially work I liked the blue British museum against the hands. It would be better if the hands where child size to.


Teenage sketches b movie horror film inspired 

when i started the teenage one, i had an idea for old b movie hammer horror style posters somthing that is recognisable even to teens. i wanted to make it cool and a little scary, safe scary!  even to young adults the idea of the howard carter curse in king tutnkhamons tomb is interesting. i wanted to play on this idea. the british museam currently houses a percentage of there vast collection on the left hand wing.
the collection is composed of large status and further in more specific items. 




Thumb nails 


Adult 

for the adults poster i wished to do somethng very monotone and graphite. with striking black and white text. i chose the bast cat as the main focus and statue.



Finished art work 
The colours I think work really well I tried to work on my lines, which I find hard generally and harder digitally.. I'm not sure if my pen needs re calibrating. I like the hand it's creepy and the look I'm going for, I could have added detail to the tomb? Ok again the text needs work. 



1 comment: